Wednesday 24 June 2015

Flowers

"To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow."
My home is suddenly full of flowers, they make me feel happy. Forget the days when clothes shopping excited me, I'm now excited to go and see what new blooms my local supermarket has! Every room in the apartment has flowers in it. I believe they add a certain something to a room, they bring life and energy into my home. 

I remember back to Easter, it was an incredibly difficult time and I spent the majority of my days hiding in bed, crying and wishing the world and my life away. I didn't know how was going to cope, I wasn't sure if I even wanted to cope, what was the point anymore I kept asking, I'd lost everything and my heart was broken into a thousand pieces. My mum bought me a bunch of daffodils, she put them next to my bed to brighten me up. I remember awaking one morning to discover they'd blossomed over night. I lay there starting at them, wondering how something so beautiful could blossom in such a sad environment. That morning I got up and I felt a tiny bit stronger, I remembered that as tough as it all is, life goes on, flowers still blossom and hearts will mend, eventually. 

That was when my love affair with flowers began.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment